Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday...

8 weeks today since she left.. my sweet friend keyla sent this to me.. thought I would share..


Tuesday


I thought of you today,
Like I do every Tuesday.

I still remember vividly the day when you told me a baby was on its way,
My soul rejoiced and oh how my heart lept for you and Jay.

Finally that little piece of heaven again to fill your hearts,
As you came together and were given a fresh new start.

You were glowing and as your belly grew,
We all couldn’t wait to find out if it were pink or blue.

After much anticipation the answer finally revealed,
A sweet baby girl to be named Isabella a princess to whom all would yield.

You and Jay counted the days and August eventually came,
What a beautiful baby girl; our hearts never to be the same.

Your days and nights were filled with such sweet cries,
And with her big brother Cayden you all sang her lullabies.

Then there was the day that your world came crashing down,
The day that broken our hearts and sweet smiles turned into frowns.

For at that time we all fell to our knees,
Begging and praying God to heal her body from that disease.

God only gave you eight short months before he called her to rest,
With grief stricken hearts we all try remember that God only calls the best.

Until you see her again some beautiful day,
I will think of you each and every Tuesday.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful. I loved the picture that Carly did for you. Absolutely stunning. Thanks for the link to her blog. I didn't know she had one and she writes so beautifully.

I pray for your family's healing every night.

Nancy said...

Awww.. what a great friend to write such a beautiful poem. That is really touching..

Stephanie said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful friend. Thinking of you today and praying for your! Hugs!