Monday, December 14, 2009

whats that you say?

You are feeling generous and are burdened to give to a charity this holiday season?? May I suggest the new Isabella Magee Research Foundation? Be the first to give towards a cure for this awful disease, also feel free to share the link on your blogs, emails, facebook, anything :)

Here are a few more in case you want options
Doing good in her name, Peytons mommy Kristin is helping raise items and supporting her local NICU

NILMDTS, we did not use their services because our sweet friend Mandi came over days before Ella passed and took pics

Tulsa Childrens hospital, our home away from home for several months, the people who kept us going and home the time we were able to stay home, this is still a very new hospital and could certainly use donations.. we love it.. and the people..check it out..

I have another post in the works and will post as soon as I get time to finish.. :)

9 comments:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Thinking of you.

Franchesca said...

What a wonderful thing, I visited the site for your Ella's research fund and that is just awesome that you are doing this. Thank you for the suggestions.

XO

Nan said...

(((HUGS)))

Kelli said...

I also visited the site for Ella's link. I loved the pictures (especially the one of her in the white hat...it's breathtaking!). And I love how you are able to tell her story over again. I had never heard of this disease before reading your blog so I am glad you are doing so much for awareness!
I also wanted to thank you again for posting the poem about Christmas in Heaven. I forwarded it to a friend who recently lost his wife to cancer (they have 3 young daughters). I am hoping it helps to ease their pain this Christmas. So thank you!
Oh, by the way, the site has Ella's birth year incorrect. You may have already sent them a correction, but I thought I'd mention it. :o)

Akul's mama said...

Thinking about all our little angels.

lost--for--words said...

I dream of the day when these 'incompatible with life' disorders won't be able to take the lives of our children any longer. It is wonderful that you have started the charity in your sweet girl's name. ((hug)))

2awesomekidz said...

Hey, Looks we had the same idea on our minds this time around! What a great way to raise awareness and money for research for this disease and to honor Ella! Wonderful!
Tami

Once A Mother said...

thank you so much for listing DGIHN here, it touched my heart to see this post. Also, thank you for sharing Ella's link. It is amazing what you are doing to honor her. Amazing, and beautiful.

Holly said...

I think it is wonderful that she has a foundation and I hope many donations come in!!