Tuesday, February 3, 2009

my poor son..

He is such a good kid and so sweet and so caring, and just hasnt got nearly enough attention lately, and I feel awful.. he is too smart and can tell by just looking at me that something is wrong.. he will ask and I say "nothing, just tired" and he gives me a hug and tells me he loves me.. I am tired, so I'm not lying to him about that. I just dread having the talk with him about her.. he was super worried about the biopsy.. I cant imagine how he is going to take this blow..
This weekend I was checking Ella's blood sugar and he was sitting by her and asked if I would check his, so he can see what she goes through each day.. I said yes, but it requires a little stick.. so I checked hers first and it was 81 and then his and it was 105. He looked at her and then at me and asked if they could stick a needle in his arm and take blood from him to transfer to her body to make her better.. holding back tears, I told him sometimes they do that, but Ella was okay for now and his was just higher because he already ate breakfast and she hadn't.. He never ceases to amaze me and I love him sooo much.. and so does Ella.. she can be throwing a very angry fit and he says "princesses dont cry! why are you crying?" and she will stop and just look at him as though she understands.. below is the look she gives him when he baby talks her..

she thinks he is crazy... every time he would walk away from her she would fake cry so he would come back and talk to her more.. she has him sooo wrapped.. ( she is looking at his fingers in the pic below, she LOVES to inspect everyones hands)

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Cayden is such a sweetie and wise beyond his years... i love the way she's watching him! Nobody has a better big brother than miss ella!! love that boy!!

Anonymous said...

your blog makes me cry EVERY time i read it. i hope things get better for you guys.

Rachel said...

That is too sweet. What a fantastic big brother. He looks so much like you, Jen! I love how Ella looks at him. :-D

Anonymous said...

Wow, he's such a sweet big brother...it's amazing what little kids will try to do to help in times like these. Love the way they look at eachother! Jennifer R.

Nancy said...

what can you say about a boy like this except ya gotta love him, he's the best!!!! He loves his sissy. Kind of reminds me of the day when I loved my little brother like that.LOL!!!