Sunday, November 8, 2009

Ella in the stars...

My cousin Charity has a little boy that was born about 6 months before Ella..they were fast friends and she loved him and would "talk" to him all of the time.. and vice-versa..he would bring her toys and just be so soft and kiss her.. after she passed he would see me and say "where Elda?" and I would just tell him she was in heaven.. he was barely over a year old when she passed..and one night Charity and my mom were outside and Joey was blowing kisses to the sky..they asked who he was sending kisses to and he said "Elda..kiss Elda" (Elda is Ella in baby talk) and they said where is Ella? he said "stars" No one had ever talked to him about this, obviously since he was only a very young toddler.. he just knew..he still kisses the sky and kisses her pictures when he see's them.. he is so sweet and I just know she is sending kisses back to her sweet cousin.. this gives me goose bumps and sometimes makes me tear up when I think about it, especially when I talk about it.. He feels her presence.. I just love him so much...

I took some pics of the Joey today..here's a couple of the cutie.. He will be 2 in March, but is so stinking smart..he talks better than most his age..just love him.. :) I guess his momma isn't so bad either ;)

12 comments:

Bree said...

I really believe that children know more than we think. It's amazing. It's always nice to hear our children's name and kids aren't afraid to speak them. What cutie pie he is.

Akul's mama said...

How beautiful!

margaret said...

That is truly wonderful. I wonder too just what children are open to. I think Georgia sees my son and has since he died because she's always reaching up over my shoulder to the ceiling. I believe children have a gift because they are so innocent, they are allowed to know and see things us as adults are not permitted to anymore. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What a sweetie pie he is. It is so precious, him sending her kisses.

Franchesca said...

I love hearing stories like this. It just confirms that children in their innocence can see things we don't see. So adorable!

Lea said...

Jen - what gorgeous pictures. I too, am certain that children and their innocence can 'see' more than we do. It's so comforting to get their perspective.

Thinking of you

Kristy said...

Kids have an amazing sense of things. They know more and can sense more then adults who have lived a lifetime before them. What an adorable little guy.

Heather said...

I totally agree with what everyone else has said. I think that children are so innocent that they "see" more than we can.

When we told my 5 year old (she was 4 at the time) that her great grandmother passed, the first thing out of her mouth was, "But I'm not sad mommy" with a big huge grin on her face. Once we explained to her what that meant, she kept repeating that she wasn't sad and that she would see her in Heaven again.

I wish I had the innocence of a child sometimes.

Thinking of you Jen. I hope little Joey brings you a great connection to baby Ella. What a special bond they must share.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. What a beautiful little boy he is. I think he and your Ella would have been great, great friends. I think, in some ways, they still are.
Gorgeous.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

That is so sweet! I have a story like that, too. After Amryn died, my niece Emma would give me really tight, strong hugs... she was only 10 months old at the time, and I was the only person she ever did that to! When I came in the room, she would reach out to me and hug me, and we all always said that she must have known I needed it, or was told by Amryn from heaven to give me a hug.. I too, believe children might know more than we think. Sometimes when I look into the eyes of a baby I am holding, the way the look at me... I swear they know that my heart is aching!

Holly said...

Children just seem to know things. They are so sweet.