Thursday, January 22, 2009
enough is enough...
At least that is what Ella told the people at the lab today. She had a dr appt yesterday and weighs a little under 10 lbs now. We went to the hospital to have them draw instead of the RML next door. They needed a liver panel and a coagulation profile (to make sure her blood was clotting okay). They poked her a few times and only got enough to do the liver panel. So today we were to return and they would have a RN come down and try. We got there and they called one down and go figure, all of Ellas veins were crappy. So they try a vein in her head and only get half of what they need, and the nurse refuses to stick her again.. ( I also refused) so we called the Dr and he called the specialist and they decided her liver profile was stable enough and her physical exam was stable, to forgo it for this week.. maybe this will let her little body rehydrate and heal.. hopefully.. I'm not really sure what the next step is if they cant get any blood.. back in the hospital I would assume.. Anyhow.. we follow up with Dr Kayser ( the geneticist) on Feb 9, 2009 and hopefully find out our next move..