Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ella's 1st Birthday...


This years birthday was a lot different than I would have ever expected 1 year ago when she was born.. We celebrated her life by delivering flowers and gifts to the childrens hospital and later we had a balloon release grave side.. When we arrived to the hospital I wasn't sure I would be able to go in.. I felt so so awful.. we had not been there since she passed.. it was so hard to be there without her. .I kept reminding myself that this was for Ella.. anyway, thanks to everyone that came out and sent well wishes.. here are a few pics..



Cayden & Ninny..I'm not sure what was going on here, but this picture was so sweet..
I had to share!

There were so many beautiful flowers and decorations on her grave..



Off they go! We hope you enjoyed your birthday balloons princess!


I'm not sure who wrote this poem, but I thought it was cute.. I read it at the balloon release..

It's my first birthday in heaven,
what a joy to partake.
My presents are flowers and rainbows
and angel food cake.

My crib is decorated with roses
and glitter.
And the stars that shine upon me
make everything shimmer.

The other angels are dancing and
singing me songs.
Soon Jesus will be joining me,
It won't be long.

We'll all gather and pray
for my loved ones on earth,
Who love me so much,
from the day of my birth.

You see, Birthdays in Heaven
are full of happiness and cheer.
We celebrate with our loved ones,
who proceeded us here.

Yes, Birthdays in Heaven
are wonderful and gay.
One day we will celebrate together,
for that moment, Mommy and Daddy, I pray,


Lastly, the below pic is of Erin, me, and Mandi.. they have been there for me so much lately..I am honestly not sure where I would be without them.. They were not afraid to come around when Ella was sick, they would hold her and talk to her and she loved them very much.. Since her passing, they have been the best friends I could ask for.. Friendships have been tested a lot lately, some passed and some failed and some are up in the air..these two are the reason that I am not locked away somewhere in a padded room.. I love you girls so much and am certain God placed you in my life so long ago, because he knew that I would need you now..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your pics of Ella's birthday. It's nice to see a glimpse of what happened. What a special day for a special baby girl! Also, thanks for the nice postcard. It's beautiful! ~Amanda Smith

Bree said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Ella! I'm so sorry Ella you didn't get to celebrate your special day with your mommy.

Jen, I'm so impressed with how you handled the day. I love the idea of delivering Get Well balloons to the hospital. That is so thoughtful. Ella's grave looked beautiful with all of the flowers and the balloons.

A big hug to you today!

Heather said...

So beautiful what you did for the kids at the hospital. I am sure it was heartbreaking for you to go back there.

The balloon release was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your special day with us.

Franchesca said...

I just came across your blog and I wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. We lost our firstborn, Jenna Belle four months ago today. It is so hard. Your daughter Ella is beautiful.